At the beginning of the 21st century, all the wars along the world destroyed the civilization and the habitat. The atomic bombs destroyed any advancement of knowledge and the radiation was spread worldwide.
This is how Oddland story begins, but … how much do you know about atomic bombs?
Discover more fun facts:
- All technology will be inoperative miles around due to gamma rays. That´s right, not a single mobile phone will work.
- No cockroach will survive a nuclear explosion, but they could survive the subsequent radiation as they can resist to 6.400 rads (to give you an idea, the lethal dose for a human is 500 rads).
- Looking directly to the nuclear bomb explosion can cause blindness.
- If a megaton bomb is launch, this would create a huge ball of fire that would be extended 1.8 miles around.
- The fireball of an atomic bomb can reach 540.000.032 º F. Hotter than the surface of the sun.
- Tsutomu Yamaguchi survived two atomic bombs: Hiroshima (August 6, 1945), when he was on a business trip, and Nagasaki (August 9, 1945), the city where he lived.
- In 1955, the Atomic Energy Commission investigated what the survivors of an apocalyptic world after a nuclear bomb would drink. For this they dropped a nuclear bomb over beer bottles and soda cans, resulting that only the closest to the explosion were too contaminated to be safely imbibed. So if there is a nuclear disaster, you can drink soda and beer without risk.